A common question is what is a good air compressor for impact wrenches. An air compressor is a machine that increases the pressure of air to power pneumatic tools. A high-quality air compressor can last for years and will improve your work life dramatically.
It’s important to find an impact wrench compatible with your needs, but what kind of air compressor should you get? The answer depends on what you plan to use it for.
When you are working with impact wrenches, the air compressor is one of the most important pieces of equipment. It’s what supplies the power that makes your wrench work. You want to make sure you have enough air pressure to keep up with your demands and a good quality air compressor can help with that. This article will discuss what qualities to look for in a good air compressor for impact wrenches, as well as some top picks on the market today!
Table of Contents
What qualities should you look for in a good air compressor?
Air compressors are actually very useful and helpful for car owners, but it is important to know what you’re looking for in a good one. There are many different options out there that can help you decide on the right air compressor for your needs.
Below are some you should add on your checklist before you buy an air compress for impact wrench:
- Air Compressors should have a stable air supply. This is what makes the compressor run, and without it there’s no power for your wrench to work with. You need an air compressor that doesn’t require you to change out filters constantly or worry about cleanliness of the tank when you’re trying to use it.
- The size of the unit is also important because they don’t all come in one standard size so make sure you know how much space this will take up before getting started!
- Some compressors are meant for specific tasks like inflating tires, powering tools on construction sites or even running large machinery such as lawn mowers and snow blowers – but if you plan on using your compressor primarily for projects like these, make sure you get one with the right power output!
- Air compressors are also known by a few other names: air tanks, vacuum pumps or refrigeration machines. They’re all used for pumping large amounts of air into containers to help store them under pressure and keep them cool over extended periods.
- There are two types of tank construction typically seen on different models – balanced (or double acting) and unbalanced (single acting). The main difference between the two is that single action units only have compression chambers, while their counterparts offer both exhaust and intake valves so they can be more versatile in what they do. Often times this will dictate which type would be best suited for what tasks it’s being put towards because some compressors are better at handling higher pressure and temperature than others.
- When it comes to choosing what type of compressor is best suited for your needs, size matters – bigger tanks will be able to handle more air at a time than smaller ones. The other major consideration that should go into the decision process is portability because some models have features like wheels or ergonomic handles which would make them easier to move around as needed so they can be moved from one place in the shop to another without too much hassle.
Benefits of an air compressor for impact wrenches
An air compressor is a tool that will help power your impact wrench.
The benefits of the air compressor are less wear and tear on your batteries, as well as better efficiency in terms of how long you can use the machine to work before needing to charge it up again.
This means more hours per day spent working instead of waiting for machines to recharge or worrying about what’s going wrong with them!
An air compressors also reduces fatigue which leads to greater productivity across the board. It takes far less time than charging one battery at a time so they’ll last much longer too – saving you money in replacement costs while boosting durability all around.
You’re not limited by where an electric outlet is located because this device plugs into a wall outlet to run.
Plus, you can stand up while working instead of crouching or bending which means far less back pain after a full day’s work!
Best Air Compressor For Impact Wrenches
If you’re looking for the best air compressor for your impact wrench, then we have a good news for you!
We have picked the best air compressors on the market to fit your needs for your impact wrenches and here are they:
This air compressor is a high quality product that provides fast recovery times resulting in increased productivity. The Big Bore pump and piston are engineered to provide faster recovery time for improved performance.
This air compressor features a powerful 2.0 HP 4 Pole motor which produces 3.3 CFM at 90 PSI for increased productivity, low AMP draw reduces incidences of tripped breakers at start up, oil lubricated pump runs cooler than water-cooled compressors, large automotive style industrial air filter for increased air intake, and a large, durable steel framed reinforced construction for long life.
This air compressor is perfect for you!
- High quality product
- Fast recovery times resulting in increased productivity
- Powerful motor produces more CFM at 90 PSI than other compressors on the market today
- No cons found yet!
This is a high quality, light weight and compact air compressor that will make your life easier. It has an 8 litre tank and produces 120 litres of compressed air every minute at 100psi. The motor is a 550w direct drive type with an automatic cut out switch for safety. This makes it ideal for many DIY jobs such as inflating tyres, sports balls and pool toys or even running pneumatic tools like nail guns, drills etc.
Air pressure can be adjusted using the regulator control valve on top of the machine so you don’t have to keep stopping to turn the machine off and on. It also comes with a rubber-mounted pressure switch, so you can move it while working without worry of getting an electric shock.
- Light weight and compact design for easy mobility around jobsite
- Quiet operation (silenced)
- Plastic air hose is prone to bending or breaking when in contact with sharp objects such as spiky tool handles etc.
The Stanley DN200 Compressor is a powerful and portable machine that delivers high performance to power your tools. It has a maximum pressure of 8 bars, and can produce up to 10800 litres per hour.
The compressor is fitted with an air filter which helps remove dirt from the compressed air output, reducing wear on your tools and extending their life. The compressor also features an oil-free pump design for long lasting durability, and it comes with two ground plugs for added safety.
This Stanley model is suitable for use in garages or workshops where there are a lot of different tools.
Some customers have reported that the compressor is noisy, but a majority are very pleased with this product’s performance and durability.
- High performance
This PORTER-CABLE air compressor is a 6 gallon pancake style tank that allows for more air in the tank for longer tool runtimes. The 150 psi max tank pressure of this portable air compressor allows for quick compressor recovery time, per ISO1217.
This electric air compressor features 2.6 SCFM @ 90 psi and includes a low amp 120V motor that starts easily in cold weather or with an extension cord. The pump of this 6 gallon air compressor is durable oil-free, which means no maintenance to worry about and long life for your unit.
This air compressor is not as loud or heavy as some other portable compressors, which makes it easy to move around. It has a durable cast iron pump with long lasting seals that make this unit an excellent tool for the budget minded user. The PORTER-CABLE also features built in carry handles and rubber feet, so you can be quick on your job site without worrying about damage to your machine.
- lighter weight, easier to move around
- lower PSI than other models at 90 psi.
- shorter power cord (only about 12 feet) which can be a problem when working on large projects.
Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor is the best air compressor for home use and professional use. It has 150 psi max tank pressure which provides more air in the tank for longer tool runtimes, 6 gal pancake style tank made for stability with rubber feet, 2.6 SCFM @ 90 psi motor allows quick compressor recovery time per ISO1217 and low Amp 120V motor starts easily in cold weather or with extension cord.
This air compressor features durable oil-free pump that lasts long and requires no maintenance, shroud covers vital components to prevent damage or injury, aluminum tank has low-profile with built in carrying handle for easy portability.
This compressor is the best air compressor for any job and can also be used to power other tools such as nailers and framing guns. It’s a good size so it’s not too big but still powerful enough to do anything you need around the house.
The noise level is comparable to what we hear at home on an average day from appliances like refrigerators or dishwashers which makes this machine less intrusive than some of its competitors that run louder while running constantly.
It’s lightweight considering how much it holds (twice as large as most portable compressors), quiet operation when compared with competing models, and relatively small size.
The only drawback for this product is that it takes a little longer than other compressors to reach full pressure so there may be some waiting in between uses, but if you keep at it the wait time will eventually decrease as the compressor matures and builds up more use and power.
The upside of its size means that it’s not going to take up much room on your workbench or elsewhere while also being able to sit next to any wall outlet without taking up too much space when plugged in and ready for action.
- small size
- low noise
- takes a while to charge up before use for the first time or after not being in use for a long period of time
So, What Is a Good Air Compressor for Impact Wrenches?
There are a lot of air compressors available on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Impact wrenches require a specific type of compressor in order to work efficiently.
The first thing to consider is how often you use an impact wrench and what size compressor you need based on that usage level. It’s important to have enough air pressure when using an impact wrench because it can cause damage if not supplied with enough air at high speeds.
Another consideration is whether or not you want a portable unit or stationary one; there are advantages and disadvantages to both, so being said that, personally I’d recommend PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor for it’s high performance and as well as durability.
Impact wrenches are often used to remove and tighten bolts. There is a variety of air compressors that can be paired with these tools, but not all models will work well for this task. A good air compressor for impact wrench should have more than enough power to meet the demands of your tool, as well as offer variable speed control so you can reduce the pressure on softer materials like aluminum or plastic.
The purpose of this blog is to guide you choose a good air compressor for impact wrenches and hope that we could do that!