The process of fading car paint is caused by exposure to sunlight and heat. The car gets hot during the summer months and the heat begins to affect the quality of the paint. Over time, the colors of the paint begin to lighten until the paint begins to peel off.
So, how to fix sun damage on car?
You don’t have to be a painter or carpenter to repair a faded car paint job. There are multiple ways to fix damage on car caused by the sun. We will explore them below.
How to Fix Sun Damaged Car – Steps by Steps
Sunlight can be very damaging to your car. It can cause fading, peeling and even cracking on the paint. If you notice any of these issues on your car, don’t worry. There are many ways to repair the damage caused by the sun.
The following are the steps you need to follow to fix the damaged car paint.
1. Before you start any work, you need to wash your car. You need to remove all dirt and grime from the car. If you don’t remove the dirt, you might end up making the problem worse.
2. If you notice any peeling on the car paint, you need to sand the area to remove the peeling paint. If the peeling is deep, you will need to use a rotary buffer to remove the peeling.
3. After you finish the sanding process, you need to apply the primer to the car. The primer will help you seal the car paint.
4. Now, you need to wait for the primer to dry completely. It will take around an hour or two. After the primer dries, you can begin applying the paint.
5. Once you are done applying the paint, you need to wait for it to dry. If you notice any paint blisters on the car, you need to remove the paint with a paint scraper.
6. After the paint dries completely, you need to apply a clear coat. The clear coat will protect the paint from any scratches and other damage. You can apply the clear coat using a spray can, brush, or roller.
7. After the clear coat dries completely, you can apply the wax to the car. The wax will protect the car from the elements and will make the car look like it has been waxed.
8. After the wax dries completely, you can apply a sealant to the car. The sealant will protect the car from any additional damage.
9. After the sealant dries completely, you can apply the car polish to the car. The car polish will make the car look brand new.
Though you may follow these steps to fix your sun damaged car, it is still recommended that you consult a professional car painter. A professional car painter will have the tools and the experience to fix the damaged car paint.
How to Prevent Car Damage by Sun?
Compared to the process of repairing the damaged car paint, the process of preventing damage to the car paint is much easier.
To prevent damage to the car paint, you need to make sure that you don’t expose the car to the sun during the summer.
You should cover your car with a shade or a tarp during the summer. This will help you prevent damage to the car paint.
If you want to cover your car with a tarp, you need to use a tarp that is made of canvas. The car cover will keep the sun away from the car and will protect the car paint.
Sun damage is an inevitable part of life, but it can be minimized if you know how to protect your vehicle from the sun. As a car owner, you need to know how to properly care for your vehicle to prevent damage caused by the sun. Some of these methods include using high-quality sunscreen and sun block, keeping your car clean, and using clear windshield wipers. If you ever feel like you can’t fix sun damage on car, don’t worry- there are many professionals who can repair your car!